The Parish of
Our Lady's Island
All masses are available via Facebook & YouTube.
Tune into FM 106.00 in the local area, during mass times.
Pilgrimage 15th August - 8th September
All available via our webcam
All masses will take place with limited numbers due to governmental guidance
All regular masses will be aired by livestream.
Please keep your social distance where possible.
Exercise excellent hygiene practices using hand sanitizer provided.
Stay safe - we're in this together.
Updates on the Parish & Community will be sent out via special Covid-19 section
and by our mailing list.
Welcome to Our Lady's Island
Our Lady's Island is an ancient place of pilgrimage in the south east corner of Ireland in the diocese of Ferns.
Covering a large area of the south east, Our Lady's Island parish includes many other townlands such as - Carne, Carnesore, Churchtown, St. Margaret's, St. Helen's, Broadway and Tacumshane.
The Island has two churches, The Church of the Assumption - the Parish Church and St. Catherine's in Tacumshane just a few miles away.
About Our Church
The church was designed by Edward W Pugin, the son of Augustus Pugin one of the foremost architects of the Victorian age. The church was opened on the 15th of August, 1864 at a cost of £1,864.